Re: [Kgdb-bugreport] kgdb_arch_set/remove_break() ?

From: Amit S. Kale
Date: Wed Mar 24 2004 - 09:45:11 EST

On Friday 19 Mar 2004 9:33 pm, Tom Rini wrote:
> Hi. Right now I'm writing up a porting doc that describes the various
> hook functions we've got. I noticed that nothing is calling
> kgdb_arch_set/remove_break. Is there some arch we're expecting will
> need this? I'd like to just go ahead and remove them

I can't remember why that was done. A processor other than PPC, x86 and x86_64
needs a special implementation of set and remove breakpoint, I guess.

Anurekh, who did initial implementation of arch independent-dependent split
may have some comments on this.
--
Amit Kale
EmSysSoft (http://www.emsyssoft.com)