Re: [Swsusp-devel] Re: swsusp problems [was Re: Your opinion on the merge?]

From: Karol Kozimor
Date: Wed Mar 24 2004 - 04:34:48 EST

Thus wrote Michael Frank:
> Which reminds me of the "failed to read a chunk" message, the guys who
> reported
> it got all quiet after telling them to do more badblocks testing without
> diskcaching or
> using dd to write random data and read them back, so likely was caused by
> media problems.

I'm not so sure, at least in my case. Sure, badblocks /dev/hda1 reports an
access beyond end, but neither badblocks /dev/hda1 $SIZEOF_HDA1 nor SMART
do. Anyway, the alleged bad blocks are at the end of a 400 MB partition, so
unless swsusp allocated swap randomly, there's hardly any chance I could
hit them with 256 MB RAM and LZF on. But then, this failure was a single
event in my case, while others reported some regularity.
Best regards,

--
Karol 'sziwan' Kozimor
sziwan@xxxxxxxxxxx