sleeping in request function

From: mohanlal jangir
Date: Wed Mar 24 2004 - 00:12:31 EST

I have a USB card reader. It is capable of read/write CF, Smartmedia etc. It
works fine on Linux. While looking into driver, I found that the driver
works between USB host controller and SCSI layer.
Just for learning purpose, I want to write it as block driver. The functions
which performs read/write from the device are blocking. Therefore I can't
call these functions directly from request function. Can somebody tell me
how can I call blocking functions from request function. I tried to set BH
but it didn't work.

Regards
Mohanlal