Re: [Swsusp-devel] Re: swsusp problems [was Re: Your opinion on the merge?]

From: Jonathan Sambrook
Date: Tue Mar 23 2004 - 04:54:31 EST

At 00:17 on Tue 23/03/04, pavel@xxxxxx masquerading as 'Pavel Machek' wrote:
> Hi!
>
> > > Now I have _proof_ that eye-candy is harmfull. What is see on screen is:
> >
> > No, that's not proof; just a bug in the code. It's not using the right
> > code to display the error message. I'll fix it asap.
>
> :-)
>
> I'd really like eye-candy code to be gone. Its long, and its not worth
> the trouble.

Pejorative comments aside Pavel, it is valued feedback for end-user
re-assurance. It has also helped swsusp2 get streets ahead of the other
implementations by aiding end-user feedback on a wide range of hardware,
Which would appear to be well worth it? If it's not broke (and is
valuble) why rip it out?

Regards,
Jonathan

--

.__
\__/

hmmnsoft's FreeShade : window shading, for Windows, for free

http://www.hmmn.org/FreeShade