Re: "Enhanced" MD code avaible for review

From: Scott Long
Date: Mon Mar 22 2004 - 17:03:47 EST

Arjan van de Ven wrote:
On Mon, 2004-03-22 at 00:42, Scott Long wrote:

Well, code speaks louder than words, as this group loves to say. I eagerly await your code. Barring that, I eagerly await a technical
argument, rather than an emotional "you're wrong because I'm right"
argument.

I think that all the arguments for using DM are techinical arguments not
emotional ones. oh well.. you're free to write your code I'm free to not
use it in my kernels ;)

Ok, the technical arguments I've heard in favor of the DM approach is that it reduces kernel bloat. That fair, and I certainly agree with not
putting the kitchen sink into the kernel. Our position on EMD is that
it's a special case because you want to reduce the number of failure
modes, and that it doesn't contribute in a significant way to the kernel
size. Your response to that our arguments don't matter since your mind
is already made up. That's the barrier I'm trying to break through and
have a techincal discussion on.

Scott