sk98lin errors on Asus K8VSE deluxe (Marvell)

From: Christoph Terhechte
Date: Mon Mar 22 2004 - 11:23:41 EST

Hi,

I'm trying to install gentoo AMD64 on my new Asus K8VSE Deluxe. The
installation process (kernel version is 2.6.3) identifies most of the
hardware, except for the Marvell ethernet controller. This is what lspci
says:

00:0a.0 Ethernet controller: Marvell: Unknown device 4320 (rev 13)

"modprobe sk98lin" gives the following error (repeated several times):

Class: internal Software error
Nr: 0x19e
Msg: Vpd Cannot read VPD keys

Can anyone explain to me what this means, or if there is an alternative
driver for the ethernet controller on this board?

Thanks,

Christoph

--
Christoph Terhechte <ct@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>