Re: 2.6.5-rc2-aa1

From: Andrea Arcangeli
Date: Mon Mar 22 2004 - 09:15:11 EST

On Mon, Mar 22, 2004 at 09:07:54AM -0500, Rik van Riel wrote:

> > > Funny, first thing I hear about that ;)
> >
> > Not sure after all those discussions how you may not have ever noticed
> > that people uses objrmap to mean something different than rmap, it's
> > really hard to believe that you never noticed.
>
> Most people seem to be talking about "pte based rmap" vs
> "object based rmap". So far you're the only one who I've
> seen using "rmap" to mean just "pte based rmap" and not
> also "object based rmap".

then I'm the only one and I could have been biased because rmap.c is
including 99% of code for the pte based rmap, and my objrmap.c is including
99% of code for the objrect based _reverse_mappings_, still objrmap.c is
a more appropriate name for that stuff IMO (especially if somebody else
is mistaken as I am using the word rmap to mean the current 2.6 code in
mm/rmap.c).