Re: idle Athlon with IOAPIC is 10C warmer since 2.6.3-bk1

From: Prakash K. Cheemplavam
Date: Sat Mar 20 2004 - 04:32:53 EST

Len Brown wrote:
On Fri, 2004-03-19 at 14:22, Prakash K. Cheemplavam wrote:

Hmm, I just did a cat /proc/acpi/processor/CPU0/power:
active state: C1
default state: C1
bus master activity: 00000000
states:
*C1: promotion[--] demotion[--] latency[000] usage[00000000]
C2: <not supported>
C3: <not supported>

I am currently NOT using APIC mode (nforce2, as well) and using vanilla 2.6.4. It seems C1 halt state isn't used, which exlains why I am having
[snip]

Actually I think it is that we don't _count_ C1 usage.

Hmm, OK, then I am really puzzled what specifically about mm sources make my idle temps hotter, as I still couldn't properly resolve it what is causing it. I thought ACPI, but no, using APM only does the same (apm only with vanilla is low temp though.)

Prakash