ip_conntrack, NIC counters limit and kernel 2.4.24

From: nmag
Date: Thu Mar 18 2004 - 13:19:28 EST

Hi,

I have a server with Debian woody stable (gcc 2.95.4, kernel 2.4.24, Intel Petium IV 2.4 GHz, 512 RAM, NIC: D-Link) working as gateway and, I have a problem with kernel, see the following:

Mar 17 10:13:23 blackmarsh kernel: LIST_DELETE: ip_conntrack_core.c:302 `&ct->tuplehash[IP_CT_DIR_REPLY]'(ddf5c414) not in &ip_conntrack_hash[hr].

After this message, the system be froze. I have noted that it only happen when the NIC counters reach the limit count (RX TX), all the traffic of my network, use it, the traffic is very high, I need restart the server in some nights (once on a week) before the NIC counter reach the limits...

Somebody could tell me if the new kernel patch (2.4.25) repairs this error?

thanks a lot!

--
nmag only
GPG public key: 0xA024A03F [http://pgp.mit.edu/]