Re: 2.6.x atkbd.c moaning

From: Michael Frank
Date: Thu Mar 18 2004 - 12:09:48 EST

On Thu, 18 Mar 2004 23:01:14 +1100, Anton Blanchard <anton@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Why is this and should I investigate further?
..

mice: PS/2 mouse device common for all mice
serio: i8042 AUX port at 0x60,0x64 irq 12
input: ImExPS/2 Generic Explorer Mouse on isa0060/serio1
serio: i8042 KBD port at 0x60,0x64 irq 1
input: AT Translated Set 2 keyboard on isa0060/serio0
atkbd.c: Unknown key released (translated set 2, code 0x7a on isa0060/serio0).

Did this happen recently? If so, does backing out the following patch help?

I think so but later than this changeset 1.34 of 19 December.

The patch has no effect.

Also the mouse screws up after a few hours and becomes unusable.

psmouse.c: Explorer Mouse at isa0060/serio1/input0 lost synchronization, throwing 1 bytes away.
psmouse.c: Explorer Mouse at isa0060/serio1/input0 lost synchronization, throwing 3 bytes away.

I will test backwards which version inttroduced problems.

Regards
Michael