SCSI emulation - CD-R

From: Karel Kulhavy
Date: Wed Mar 17 2004 - 15:24:32 EST

Hello

When I want an ATAPI CD-writer to appear on device (21,0) (/dev/sg0)
using the scsi emulation mechanisms, which bits have to be on and off
from the following 4 config bits in make menuconfig?
* IDE/ATAPI CDROM support
* SCSI emulation support
* SCSI CDROM support
* SCSI generic support

How can this information be derived from linux kernel documentation? I
would like to understand the mechanism beyond deriving this information
from the linux kernel documentation so that next time, when solving some
other problem, I could use the same approach and not need to write here
on linux-kernel.

Cl<