Broadcom gigabit solution for Jeff.

From: walt
Date: Tue Mar 16 2004 - 18:23:38 EST

Hi Jeff,

Yes it's me again, the one-and-only guy who needs to do an ifconfig down/up
cycle to get his Broadcom BCM5702 Gigabit Ethernet (rev 02) chip to work after
every reboot. (ASUS A7V8X mobo)

I just downloaded, compiled, and installed the current driver from Broadcom's
website (bcm5700-7.1.22.tar.gz) and it WORKS! On the first try...

I admit this is the first time I've attempted this, so I can't say what exactly
fixed this long-standing bug, or when it was fixed by Broadcom.

I'm sorry I don't have the expertise to debug this problem by myself, but I
would be more than pleased to try any experiments you can think of in order
to get this annoying bug fixed.

Can you suggest any tests or patches I could try in order to fix the current
tg3 driver? It's been almost a year now that I've been dealing with this
silly bug! Any help would be gratefully received!

Thanks.