Re: Remove pmdisk from kernel

From: Nigel Cunningham
Date: Tue Mar 16 2004 - 16:45:10 EST

Hi.

On Tue, 2004-03-16 at 23:17, Pavel Machek wrote:
> Hmm, you are right that with dead nfs server, kill -SIGSTOP will fail
> on ls, and similary current refrigerator will fail. I think we can
> live with that.
>
> I agree that two-stage suspend is probably neccessary (userland first,
> kernel than); but that should be possible without that big changes,
> right?

It would certainly be simple to change to a two stage freeze. I don't
think I've tried that, so I'll cut the code and give it a try.

Regards,

Nigel
--
Nigel Cunningham
C/- Westminster Presbyterian Church Belconnen

Evolution (n): A hypothetical process whereby infinitely improbable events occur
with alarming frequency, order arises from chaos, and no one is given credit.