Re: The verdict on the future of suspending to disk?

From: Pavel Machek
Date: Tue Mar 16 2004 - 07:17:10 EST

Hi!

> > - Apply patches making swsusp into suspend2, leaving out freezer changes
> > until people are convinced the current solution is insufficient.
>
> Could you prepare some "swsusp2 without freezer" patch, so that we can
> see how it looks like?

Or.. if you prefer. Would it be possible to get "two stage
refrigerator but without intrusive changes"? That should still be
better than what is there just now, and it should be mostly
independend change (right?). It will not give us suspend when nfs
server dies, but at least it will not have problems with mysqld...

Pavel--
[Johanka's followup: and *two* hearts?]