Re: [Prism54-devel] Re: Prism54 in 2.6.4-bk2

From: Luis R. Rodriguez
Date: Tue Mar 16 2004 - 03:00:36 EST

On Tue, Mar 16, 2004 at 01:14:35AM -0500, Jeff Garzik wrote:
> Luis R. Rodriguez wrote:
> >Regarding WDS on prism54: on the netdev list we discussed this
> >but no one got back to me as to whether we should really just nuke this
> >code. Prism54 driver source *does* include WDS support because hey, the
> >firmware does. Why wouldn't it go in the driver? We haven't given WDS
> >much though anyway since it's also been low priority on our TODO list.
>
> The WDS code was dead code as merged.
>
> If you actually use it, I don't mind adding it :)

I don't know of anybody who uses it. We did consider to drop it but we
just never got around to deciding what we were going to do about it. I
know it's there and it's *supposed* to work.

Can we get back to you on that? :) It is just code that *is*
driver/hardware specific.

Actually can I just send you a patch for 2.6 for the latest 2.6 tree to
match ours? That is, rm -rf prism54/ as is and add our latest patch ?
It'd save a lot of work on our end.

We'll still do the 2.6 / 2.4 split and clean the 2.6 code of 2.4 code,
but can you just give us the opportunity to do it from within our tree?

It'd cure many headaches (on our end at least).

Luis

--
GnuPG Key fingerprint = 113F B290 C6D2 0251 4D84 A34A 6ADD 4937 E20A 525E