Re: Any way to access huge pages ?

From: Roland Dreier
Date: Sun Mar 07 2004 - 00:58:25 EST

Peter> Hello, I'm wondering is there any way to access "large
Peter> pages" (4MB) memory other than using shared memory ? For
Peter> example can you do anonymous mmap to get access to large
Peter> pages.

Peter> I would like to utilize large pages for MySQL buffer pool
Peter> and other large caches, but would not like to use Shared
Peter> memory for this purpose as it will complicate things for
Peter> users.

Does mmap() on hugetlbfs do what you want? See
Documentation/vm/hugetlbpage.txt for details.

- Roland