IRQ USB , freezes with ABIT KV7

From: Maggio
Date: Sat Mar 06 2004 - 08:04:10 EST

Hi all ,

I've recently switched from an MSI KT4 Ultra motherboard to an Abit KV7 board ,and the system worked well until today that I'm attempting to reinstall the system .

It seems that the USB make some conflicts in IRQ , infact , if I enable the option "Allocate IRQ to USB" in the BIOS , I'm unable to start any Installation CD of any distribution , the booting simply hangup .

This doesn't happen if I've APIC and ACPI enabled , but if I use the PCI-BIOS mode this happens (nearly all Linux distributions start the system installation without APIC and ACPI ). FreeBSD and NetBSD hasn't this problem , and both those boot without problem and with USB enabled .

If I disable the option "Allocate IRQ to USB" in the BIOS the system boot up correctly .

Any ideas?

Thanks

Marcello