Re: 2.6.3 + reiser + quota support

From: Juan Pablo Abuyeres
Date: Fri Mar 05 2004 - 09:45:14 EST

On Fri, 2004-03-05 at 08:33, Damian Wojsław wrote:
> > [root@test mnt]#
> > and /var/log/messages says:
> > Mar 4 19:15:46 test kernel: reiserfs_getopt: unknown option "usrquota"
>
> If I remember correclty, reiserfs needs an additional patch to
> support quota. I know this patch exists for 2.4.X kernels.

Yes, patches to support quota exist for 2.4.x kernels, because 2.4.x is
not supposed to support quota for reiserfs in the vanilla distribution.
Those patches are at
ftp://ftp.suse.com/pub/people/mason/patches/reiserfs/quota-2.4
and work fine.

But kernel 2.6.x is supposed to support quota for ext2, ext3 _and_
reiserfs without any patch. So I am doing something wrong (I hope), or
there is a bug around here.

Regards,
--
Juan Pablo Abuyeres <jpabuyer@xxxxxxxxxxxx>