SMSC91C111

From: Kendrick Hamilton
Date: Thu Mar 04 2004 - 18:12:22 EST

Hello,
We are using an SMSC91C111 Ethernet chip set on a board we developed. The board uses a coldfire 5407 processor and runs the uClinux-2.4.x kernel (I have also sent this email to the uClinux development list). The driver for the SMSC91C111 is the same for both uClinux and Linux.
When a flood ping the board, the I get the following error:

NETDEV WATCHDOG: eth0: transmit timed out
eth0: transmit timed out, IRQ conflict?
Scheduling in interrupt
kernel BUG at sched.c:569!
Kernel panic: BUG!
In interrupt handler - not syncing

Does anybody have a suggestion of what could be going wrong?

I noticed some other people using this chip had problems with interrupts from the chip. Has anybody found a work around to these problems. Does anybody have a patch to the driver to fix this?

Thank You,
Kendrick Hamilton.