Using the Native POSIX Threading Library (NPTL) instead of linuxthreads.

From: Dinesh Ahuja
Date: Thu Mar 04 2004 - 04:39:53 EST

Hi Everbody,

I am new to Linux world and fascinated with it. I have
an experience of 2.5 years in C++,C,COM,ATL,VC++ and
want to get into Linux World.I have build and
installed Linux Kernel 2.6.0 after struggling for four
days.

I installed Linux 2.6.0 so that I should be able to
work with NPTL which is POSIX1.b compliant. But, when
I see ma for mq_open and mq_close functions, it
doesn't shows me anything.

I want to explore the NPTL and functionality provided
by NPTL as I want to use POSIX Message Queues, Shared
Memory and Semaphores.

I was assuming the Linux Kernel 2.6.0 should have NPTL
installed in it with default along with the neccessay
headers.

How can I see the detailed descriptions of the
services provided by NPTL ? Please suggest me what are
the neccessary steps requried to use NPTL in my Linux
Kernel 2.6.0 ? Do I need to download some packages to
work with NPTL in Linux Kernel 2.6.0 ?

Thanks & Regards
Dinesh