Re: Resume only part of device tree?

From: Nigel Cunningham
Date: Wed Mar 03 2004 - 21:54:39 EST

Hi.

My implementation saved the image in two parts. 'Pageset 2' contains the
LRU pages (active & inactive lists). 'Pageset 1' contains all other data
to be saved. At resume time, I read pageset 1 and copy the original
kernel data back. Then I want to resume the storage devices and read
pageset 2 before resuming all devices and waking everything else up. It
would also be good to not resume all devices when writing the state to
the swap partition, but I have other means of ensuring the consistency
of the image that mean I'm not so worried then.

Regards,

Nigel