CONFIG_USB_HIDDEV=m (fedora config) isn't converted to y

From: Kai Engert
Date: Wed Mar 03 2004 - 14:39:17 EST

Not sure if you consider the following a bug in the kernel build system.

- Using a stock Fedora Core 1 2.4.x kernel, my USB mouse works in X.
- I copied the FC1 .config to a 2.4.25 kernel, went through make menuconfig, and compiled.
- The mouse no longer worked in X

I noticed the hiddev driver is no longer being compiled at all.
It seems "m" (as used by FC1 config) is not (or no longer) a valid compile option for hiddev.
I changed it to "y", compiled again, and now the mouse works with 2.4.25

Should "make menuconfig" automatically detect and change invalid m/y settings to valid ones?

Regards,
Kai