Code freeze on lite patches and schedule for submission into mainline kernel

From: Amit S. Kale
Date: Wed Mar 03 2004 - 03:25:41 EST

Hi,

We have two sets of kgdb patches as of now: [core-lite, i386-lite, 8250] and
[core, i386, ppc, x86_64, eth]. First set of kgdb patches (lite) is fairly
clean. Let's consider it to be a candicate for submission to mainline kernel.

I am freezing the lite patches wrt. feature updates. Only bug-fixes and code
cleanups will be allowed in lite patches. You can make any feature
enhancements to second set of patches.

I propose following schedule for pushing kgdb lite into mainline kernel:
Take 1: 8th , Take 2: 15th, Take 3: 22nd, Take 4:29th. I'll download the
kernel snapshot (http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v2.6/snapshots/) on
these dates and submit a single patch for possible acceptance into mainline
kenrel and feedback from community. Hopefully we'll succeed by end of this
month.

Please checkin any fixes or cleanups by end of this week. I plan to add some
documentation to core-lite.patch this week (will send it for review in a
separate email)

Comments/suggestions?
--
Amit Kale