Re: [Swsusp-devel] Re: Dropping CONFIG_PM_DISK?

From: Micha Feigin
Date: Mon Mar 01 2004 - 08:31:25 EST

On Mon, Mar 01, 2004 at 10:28:36PM +1100, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
> > > Except that it never worked
> > > Please, give names.
> >
> > USB UHCI driver could be a fine example of a regression -- it could survive
> > suspend in 2.4 under certain conditions, this is no longer true for 2.6.
>
> Well, it may have survived by mere luck... the fact is that 2.4 never
> had an infrastructure allowing anything remotely safe for
> suspend/resume.
>
> > There's also a great deal of people, who can't resume when AGP is being
> > used -- that is again a regression over 2.4.
> >
> > The above are major showstoppers for most laptop users that already got
> > used to stable and reliable swsusp and hence prefer to stick with 2.4.
>
> There haven't been a regression in the AGP drivers themselves afaik.

The suspend/resume calls have been removed from the drm drivers and
returning them doesn't solve the resume problems (I guess either agp
isn't woken up properly or something is happening in the wrong order. I
haven't had time to investigate further). And I have a simple mach64
(rage mobility m1) card which is relatively easy to wake up since not
much needs to be done (the agp bus is via).