Re: Dropping CONFIG_PM_DISK?

From: Michael Frank
Date: Mon Mar 01 2004 - 05:47:07 EST

On Mon, 01 Mar 2004 11:08:01 +0100, Måns Rullgård <mru@xxxxxx> wrote:

Pavel Machek <pavel@xxxxxx> writes:

> Try current swsusp with minimal drivers, init=/bin/bash.

Well, if I do that it works. Or at least some old version did, I
assume the later ones would too. However, that sort of removes the
whole point. Taking down the system enough to be able to unload
almost everything is as close as rebooting you'll get.

Well, now do a search for "which module/application causes failure".

I know, it just takes an awful time.

BTW, is there some easier way to track the development than using the
patches from the web page? Unpatching after a couple of BK merges
isn't the easiest thing. Is there a BK tree somewhere I can pull
from?

Are you using swsusp2?

Well, trying to. Isn't it supposed to be the latest and greatest?

That's _not_ what I'm talking about. swsusp is in mainline.

It would still be the same module(s) that caused it to fail, right?

Further to my post yesterday, here is a short article which may be of interest.

http://lwn.net/Articles/68747/

So, to make it work better lets get PM usable :)