Re: [OT] Copyright infringement by Walmart?

From: Michael Frank
Date: Sun Feb 29 2004 - 12:53:40 EST

On Sun, 29 Feb 2004 18:23:23 +0100 (CET), Guennadi Liakhovetski <g.liakhovetski@xxxxxx> wrote:

On Sun, 29 Feb 2004, [iso-8859-1] MÐns RullgÐrd wrote:
This web page has a list of non-OS Unixes:
http://cm.bell-labs.com/cm/cs/who/dmr/otherunix.html

Thanks for all clarifications. I knew I was absolutely incompetent in all
legal issues, I even confused "copyright" with "trademark"!:-) But that's
interesting information, that trademarks can be registered only in a
specific area. So, anybody could produce, say, toilet paper and call it,
for example, "Microsoft"?:-) Or is this a globally registered trademark?
No. I don't really want to know the answer.

Anyway, I'll keep the ad:-)

Thanks anyway and the above link is cute too :)

Regards
Michael