Re: Where does this load come from?

From: Christophe Saout
Date: Sat Feb 28 2004 - 09:42:26 EST

Am Sa, den 28.02.2004 schrieb Jurgen Kramer um 13:27:

> I am seeing some strange load figures on my P4 Celeron based system
> which I cannot explain. There always seem to be some load while there
> are no real apps running. Stopping all daemons doesn't seem to effect
> things at all.

I've posted something like this before. It seems the load calculator
takes the io_wait "cpu usage" (which isn't really a cpu usage, it just
categorizes processes waiting in io_schedule here instead of the idle
time) into account. While doing heavy disk I/O my webserver showed a
load of over 40 but the cpu was idle. I don't like this either.