Re: Errors on 2th ide channel of promise ultra100 tx2

From: Erik van Engelen
Date: Sat Feb 28 2004 - 07:15:57 EST

Hi,

Thanks for the fast reaction.

Marcelo Tosatti wrote:

I'm clueless about this, anyway...

On Fri, 27 Feb 2004, Erik van Engelen wrote:

Hi,

I've got a Proliant 2500 running a 2.4.25 kernel. It has 2 pentium pro
CPUs and a smart-2/E disk array on EISA bus from which it boots.

I added a promise ultra100 tx2 ide cart and put on 3 disks. During boot
i get a couple of errors but everything seems to work ok. When
read/write to a disk on the first ide-channel everything is ok. When i
read/write to a disk on the second ide-channel everything is ok. But
when i try to read/write to both disks at once i get these errors:

hdh: status error: status=0x58 { DriveReady SeekComplete DataRequest }
hdh: status error: status=0x58 { DriveReady SeekComplete DataRequest }

Are you using DMA?

I've tried it with and without DMA. But in both cases i got errors although the were different. I made some changes so i can't post the error with the DMA turned on. I can reverse the changes on Monday and post the errors for you.

Can you please save and post the 2.6.3 panic?

I'm trying to get a serial line connection working to log the bootlogs. I can make them as well on Monday.

I tried to boot with the cpqarray removed from the 2.6.3 kernel. In that case i don't get the errors from the ide devices during the kernel boot so i guess the solution made in the 2.6 according the ide problem is working. Again on Monday i want to try the patch from Erik B. Andersen on the 2.4 kernel. If i understood it all right. I'm not really into kernel hacking etc.

THX for the help so far..
Erik van Engelen