Re: [Linux-hotplug-memory] Re: [ANNOUNCE] Linux hotplug memory mailing list created

From: Greg KH
Date: Fri Feb 27 2004 - 18:04:33 EST

On Fri, Feb 27, 2004 at 11:34:17PM +0100, Arnd Bergmann wrote:
> On Friday 27 February 2004 22:53, Greg KH wrote:
>
> > As I personally know of at least 3 different groups at 3 different
> > companies working on this feature, and all of them don't seem to want to
> > talk together on linux-kernel or linux-mm, this list is for them, and
> > anyone else who wants to help.
>
> Does this already include the s390 kernel team?

No, I wasn't aware of that group. Here are the ones I did know about:
- IBM (intel and power processor based)
- Intel
- Fujitsu

It sounds like there are others out there too.

I also was just pointed at the mailing list at:
which is for Linux hotplug memory stuff and has been around for years.
I also wasn't aware of it (and neither were the IBM people who asked me
to create this new list.)

So everyone go and join the lhms-devel list instead, I'll go and
shutdown the linux-hotplug-memory list as it doesn't really need to be
created.

Sorry for the noise...

greg k-h