Re: Sysfs is too restrictive

From: Greg KH
Date: Fri Feb 27 2004 - 13:23:35 EST

On Fri, Feb 27, 2004 at 10:05:41AM -0800, Stephen Hemminger wrote:

> It is too hard to get the desired directory layout without re-implementing most
> of sysfs in the driver. This is what I want, and don't have Pat to kick around
> anymore.

Yes, I agree that it needs to be made much easier to create a
subdirectory in sysfs using the driver model. I even filed a bug about
that a long time ago :)

It's on my TODO list for 2.7, if that makes you feel any better. And if
you want to try to implement it before I get to it, that would be great.

Sorry I don't have a solution for you to do this with today :(

greg k-h