AS performance with reiser4 on 2.6.3

From: markw
Date: Thu Feb 26 2004 - 12:51:10 EST

Hi Nick,

I started getting some results with dbt-2 on 2.6.3 and saw that reiser4
is doing a bit worse with the AS elevator. Although reiser4 wasn't
doing well to begin with, compared to the other filesystems. I have
links to the STP results on our 4-ways and 8-ways here:
http://developer.osdl.org/markw/fs/dbt2_stp_results.html

I noticed that __preempt_spin_lock was near the top of the profile and
about 2 times higher the with AS, compared to deadline.

I'm going to run through the other filesystems to see how the elevators
affect them.

--
Mark Wong - - markw@xxxxxxxx
Open Source Development Lab Inc - A non-profit corporation