Re: 2.6.3 RT8139too NIC problems

From: Nick Warne
Date: Fri Feb 20 2004 - 11:43:14 EST

> > Linux233 kernel: NETDEV WATCHDOG: eth1: transmit timed out
> > Linux233 kernel: eth1: link up, 10Mbps, half-duplex, lpa 0x0000
> > Linux233 kernel: nfs: server 486Linux not responding, still trying
> > Linux233 kernel: nfs: server 486Linux not responding, still trying
> > Linux233 kernel: NETDEV WATCHDOG: eth0: transmit timed out
> > Linux233 kernel: nfs: server 486Linux OK
> > Linux233 kernel: nfs: server 486Linux OK
> > Linux233 kernel: nfs: server 486Linux not responding, still trying
> > Linux233 kernel: NETDEV WATCHDOG: eth0: transmit timed out
> > Linux233 kernel: nfs: server 486Linux OK
>

> This is usually irq routing related... Try booting with 'noapic' or
> similar.

I don't have apic built in the kernel. This has only started to
happen on 2.6.3. As I said, on all other kernels, 2.4.x, 2.6.0,
2.6.1, 2.6.2 these NIC are OK.

With 2.6.3 my logs are now riddled with these messages (and the
period is totally random - sometimes 10 times in an hour), and I lose
connectivity during these periods.

I will be booting back into 2.6.2 tonight until I can resolve this.

Nick

--
"I am not Spock", said Leonard Nimoy.
"And it is highly illogical of humans to assume so."