RE: [Infiniband-general] Getting an Infiniband access layer in the linux kernel

From: Raj, Ashok
Date: Thu Feb 05 2004 - 14:35:25 EST

>linux kernel
>
>On Thu, Feb 05, 2004 at 10:27:54AM -0800, King, Steven R wrote:
>> Hi Greg,
>> What exactly is wrong with spinlock? Far as I know, it's been
working
>> bug-free on a variety of platforms for quite some time now. The
other
>> abstractions such as atomic_t are for platform portability.
>
>Again, compare them to the current kernel spinlocks and try to realize
>why your implementation of spinlock_irqsave() will not work on all
>platforms.

Humm... think the spin_lock macros used are the _ones_ that is defined
in the linux kernel, the other version (cl_spin_lock) is just a
wrapper... there is some precedence in the current linux code base that
does the same kind of wrapper thingies... , but iam sure no one is *so*
excited about *that* code anyway, so I will keep shut!