RE: FYI: ACPI 'sleep 1' resets atkbd keycodes

From: Yu, Luming
Date: Tue Feb 03 2004 - 01:29:13 EST

> > > This may be just a minor issue:
> > > I had to use the setkeycodes utility to enable some extra
> keys (that
> > > weren't mapped by kernel's atkbd tables).
> > > After waking from sleep 1, those keys were reset. That
> is, I had to
> > > use 'setkeycodes' again to customize the tables again.
> > >
> > > IMHO the way kernel works now is correct. It should *not*
> have extra
> > > code just to handle that. Just make sure anybody that
> alters his kbd
> > > tables puts some extra script to recover the tables after an ACPI
> > > wake.
> > > This should be more like a note to Linux distributors.
> > >
> > > Have a nice day.

Do you need a event through /proc/acpi/event that can notify userland of
resuming happend,
And let userland app have chance to invoke setkeycode, and other similar
things.

> - /*
> - * Here we probably should check if the keyboard has
> the same set that
> - * it had before and bail out if it's different. But
> this will most likely
> - * cause new keyboard device be created... and for
> the user it will look
> - * like keyboard is lost
> - */
> + if (atkbd->set != old_set) {
> + /*
> + * ok, we woke up with a different keyboard
> attached. Alhtough we could just
> + * signal failure it's not very nice as it will
> most likely cause new keyboard
> + * device be created... and for the user it
> will look like keyboard is lost.
> + */
> + atkbd_set_name(atkbd);

Is it correct to think if the keyboard has the different set that it
had before , then keyboard has been replaced, without considering
it could be changed by setkeycode.

--Luming