Q: large files in iso9660 ?

From: P. Christeas
Date: Sun Feb 01 2004 - 17:27:20 EST

Hi,
I've tried to create a disk (DVD) which contains a single 3.8GB file. The
creation (mkisofs) worked and the disk's TOC reads 3.8GB. However, the
filesystem reads as if one ~9MB file only exists.
I guess large files in isofs may be out of spec.

Q: What's the file size limit in iso9660?
Q: Is there any chance the negative number (although out of spec) may be
correctly interpreted (mount option) ?

Thanks.

FYI:
isoinfo -d -i /dev/cdrom
CD-ROM is in ISO 9660 format
System id: LINUX
Volume id: CDROM
Volume set id:
Publisher id:
Data preparer id:
Application id: MKISOFS ISO 9660/HFS FILESYSTEM BUILDER & CDRECORD CD-R/DVD
CREATOR (C) 1993 E.YOUNGDALE (C) 1997 J.PEARSON/J.SCHILLING
Copyright File id:
Abstract File id:
Bibliographic File id:
Volume set size is: 1