Re: BUG: NTPL: waitpid() doesn't return?

From: Matthias Urlichs
Date: Sat Jan 31 2004 - 16:43:13 EST

Hi,

Linus Torvalds:
> The strace case I'm more than willing to pass off as a strace problem.
> I find it quite common that strace doesn't detach from processes, leaving
> some of them in a stopped state. So I assumed that the particular trace
> wasn't very interesting.

Hmm. "Unfortunately", the test program which bert posted DOES work
correctly under strace.

So there's definitely something fishy going on here.

> The bugs seems to be something totally different: you create a
> "CLONE_DETACHED" child, and then you expect to be able to wait for it.

That's not "me", that's "the fork() in the NPTL library".

Besides, bert's test program exhibits exactly the same clone()
arguments, yet it works ...

--
Matthias Urlichs | noris network AG | http://smurf.noris.de/