possible hint for "irq 11: nobody cared!" (asus p4p800)

From: Carlo Salinari
Date: Fri Jan 30 2004 - 07:14:27 EST

Hello,

I've had a hard time at work trying to install 2.6.1 on a ASUS P4P800 motherboard
(whith RAID controller _disabled_ in the bios).

I constantly got "irq 11: nobody cared!" message, which I now see is a known problem
here.

After many (many!) tries whith different compilation/boot-time options, whith
both 2.6.1 and 2.4.24, I just realized that Debian Woody's (3.0r1) bf24 kernel
(2.4.18) boots flawlessly.

I thought that possibly this might be a hint for the experts on the list.

cheers,
Carlo Salinari