Re: [NFS] NFS rpc and stale handles on 2.6.x servers

From: Neil Brown
Date: Thu Jan 29 2004 - 19:48:39 EST

On Sunday January 25, hanasaki@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> The below is being reported, on and off, when hitting nfs-kernel-servers
> running on 2.6.0 and 2.6.1 Could someone tell me if this is smoe bug or
> what? Thanks
> RPC request reserved 0 but used 124
>
> Debian sarge
> nfs-kernel-server
> am-untils
> nfsv3 over tcp

stale file handles is a known bug that is fixed in the but BK and will
be in 2.6.3.

The "RPC request reserved 0 ..." is very odd. It does immediately
indicate a major problem, but it should be fixed, if only I could
figure out what was causing it.

I might put come more info into the message so future bug reports will
tell me more.

Thanks,
NeilBrown