Re: Lindent fixed to match reality

From: David Weinehall
Date: Thu Jan 29 2004 - 15:20:31 EST

On Thu, Jan 29, 2004 at 01:37:28PM -0600, Matt Mackall wrote:
> I've been fiddling with cleaning up some old code here and suggest the
> following to make Lindent match actual practice more closely. This does:
>
> a) (no -psl)
>
> void *foo(void) {
>
> instead of
>
> void *
> foo(void) {
>
> b) (no -bs) "sizeof(foo)" rather than "sizeof (foo)"

I can't really see the logic in this, though I know a lot of people do
it. I try to stay consistent, thus I do:

if ()
for ()
case ()
while ()
sizeof ()
typeof ()

since they're all parts of the language, rather than
functions/macros or invocations of such.

[snip]

Of course, coding-style is religion, and religion as a topic is a
sure-fire way to turn every civil conversation into full out battle,
so I've begun building a bomb-shelter where I'm going to spend the next
few months...

Regards: David Weinehall
--
/) David Weinehall <tao@xxxxxxxxxx> /) Northern lights wander (\
// Maintainer of the v2.0 kernel // Dance across the winter sky //