Re: 2.6.2-rc1 breaks Cisco VPN client 4.0.3.B

From: Sid Boyce
Date: Thu Jan 29 2004 - 04:59:50 EST

Sid Boyce wrote:

Alessandro Suardi wrote:
> I know cisco_ipsec is a binary module, but since 4.0.3.B works on
> any 2.4 and 2.6.{0,1} kernels I thought I'd report this...
>
> On starting the VPN connection 'cvpnd' goes in D state, running
> ps axlw shows it's stuck in __down.
>
> Oh, and reboot obviously hangs. I can Alt-SysRq Sync and Umount
> but I can't reboot - atkbd.c reports too many keys pressed. Eh ?
> Funny, it's three keys just as in the S and U case. It doesn't
> seem to like the 'B' letter. I can 'O'ff it though.
>
> If any kind soul is interested in digging further in this, I'm
> as usual available to try stuff out.

I am seeing the problem with 2.6.2-rc1-mm2. I didn't check cvpnd before I started vpnclient, but both are in D state. Other than that everything is funtional, i.e no lockup and I can do a normal shutdown/reboot. Likewise it works with 2.4.25-pre6. My last look at the Cisco site didn't mention support for 2.6. but it compiles whereas 4.0.1.A didn't. I may go back to the latest 2.6.1 kernel and see if that works. The latest release doc for 4.0.3 dated Dec.2003 still says it doesn't work with kernel 2.5, it may be the document hasn't been updated.
Regards
Sid.

I haven't yet got around to trying with 2.6.2-rc2-mm1. I wonder if anyone else has tried lately.
Regards
Sid.

--
Sid Boyce .... Hamradio G3VBV and keen Flyer
Linux Only Shop.