(2.4) ext3 - commit=NNN overridden by laptopmode (bdflush)

From: Micha Feigin
Date: Wed Jan 28 2004 - 18:33:32 EST

When looking into the ext3 commit code I saw that it has a commit=NNN
mount option for specifying the log update time (same as in 2.6). The
problem is that this value is overridden by the laptopmode code that
was added which uses the value of get_buffer_flushtime which takes its
value from bdflush, which makes that option obsolete.
It looks to me that the bdflush code should be taken back out of the
ext3 code.
I don't mind doing it but only if there is interest.