Re: PATCH to access old-style FAT fs

From: OGAWA Hirofumi
Date: Wed Jan 28 2004 - 15:09:56 EST

Frodo Looijaard <frodol@xxxxxx> writes:

> As I said, I *think* it is safe to have my patch always applied (that
> is, stop when DIR_Name[0] == 0, and be careful to add a new DIR_Name[0] = 0
> entry when new entries are added at the back). It would conform to the
> standard. But I would not really be surprised if there was yet another
> FAT implementation somewhere out there that breaks the standard in some
> other subtle way, which works now but exhibits problems with my patch.
> That is why I made it a mount option.

"stop when DIR_Name[0] == 0" should be added after cleanup. The option
is not needed.

Honestly, I wouldn't like to add the "add a new DIR_Name[0] = 0" part.
The option is added easy, but it is not removed easy. And we must
maintain it. (BTW, looks like that patch is buggy)

Those stuff makes a change of the normal path difficult really. At the
same reason, I removed the fat_cvf stuff.

Thanks.
--
OGAWA Hirofumi <hirofumi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>