Status of UDF write on DVD-R(W) and CD-R(W) disks?

From: Stephen Anthony
Date: Wed Jan 28 2004 - 08:21:29 EST

I'm wondering about the status of UDF write support on DVD and CD media.
Specifically, does anyone know when (or even if) it will be possible to
do incremental writes on DVD-R or CD-R media using UDF and standard
system tools (cp and the like)? I'd like to treat a DVD-R like a small
disk, and do mount, cp ..., umount. Basically have everything work like
a hard disk, except of course there would be no delete.

Please CC me if you want to response personally (I'm not subscribed to the
list).

Thanks,
Steve