Re: SMP AMD64 (Tyan S2882) problems.

From: Andi Kleen
Date: Tue Jan 27 2004 - 13:38:38 EST

Jan Kasprzak <kas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

You don't say if you run a 32bit or a 64bit kernel. I will assume 64bit.

> Is it normal? How can I set up some IRQ balancing (or at least hard-wire
> 3ware for CPU1 and eth0 for CPU0)?

Run irqbalanced

> Problem 2: the 3ware controller does not work correctly on the first
> PCI bus (slot 1 and 2) - in slot 1 it hangs under bigger load (e.g.
> an array rebuild), in slot 2 it hangs during boot in 3ware BIOS.
> It is probably not Linux-specific, but has anyone seen the same problem?

I haven't seen it.

You can try if it goes away when you disable ACPI PCI routing
(pci=noacpi)

> Problem 3:
> What the "PCI-DMA: Disabling IOMMU." message in dmesg output means?

Ok you run a 64bit kernel. You don't have enough memory to require
the IOMMU. That's fine.

> Problem 4:
> Does Linux support the hardware sensors on this board? The i2c driver
> AMD8111 seems to be working, but what sensors driver should I use?

Most likely the Winbond W83627HF

iirc it's not possible in 2.6.1 to enable it. You have to drop the
ISA dependency for "I2C_ISA" in drivers/i2c/busses/Kconfig

> Problem 5:
> Is there a 3ware configuration program (tw_cli), which works on AMD64?

You can try if the 32bit program works. If not ask 3ware.

-Andi