Re: [OT] Sco

From: Wakko Warner
Date: Tue Jan 27 2004 - 12:15:25 EST

> >> There's a new virus out called W32/MyDoom.A that between feb 1st and
> >> 12th it
> >> will DoS www.sco.com. I didn't see anything on the list about it this
> >> morning so I thought I'd share.
> >

> > So, are you suggesting that we all start using Outlook Express on Jan 31?

I never said this. I was only stating that the virus existed.

> As much as SCO disturbs me, these kinds of underhanded attacks against
> them disgust me. They stoop to SCO's level, or worse. SCO can and will
> be dealt with properly through the use of FACTS.

I did not imply that the linux community help spread this. Having to deal
with windows users (Add 'L's where appropriate), I've been bombarded with
this thing at work as I receive all virus infected emails.

> Besides, DoS attacks against SCO will only be blamed on the Linux
> community. So the developer of that virus is either a complete idiot or
> is acting to intentionally hurt our image.

If the former, then this is probably a windows person. After all, the virus
is for *windows* and not linux.