Re: 2.6.1 dual xeon

From: Sander
Date: Tue Jan 27 2004 - 02:40:54 EST

Wakko Warner wrote (ao):
> > > I recently aquired a dual xeon system. HT is enabled which shows
> > > up as 4 cpus. I noticed that all interrupts are on CPU0. Can
> > > anyone tell me why this is?
> >
> > The APIC needs to be programmed to deliver interrupts to certain
> > processors.
> >
> > In 2.6, this is done in user-space via a program called irqbalance:
>
> Thanks, working great. (Debian by the way)

Ehm, IIRC the "all interrupts are on CPU0" is how it is supposed to work
with a 2.6 kernel? The interrupts should spread if you have _a_lot_ of
them. This gives better performance than spreading the interrupts. Did I
read this on the list, or am I completely wrong here?

--
Humilis IT Services and Solutions
http://www.humilis.net