radeonfb problems with 2.6.2-rc2

From: Roland Dreier
Date: Mon Jan 26 2004 - 23:14:01 EST

I just decided to give radeonfb a try with a 2.6 kernel (2.6.2-rc2 to
be specific). I have a Radeon 9000 Pro with two 1280x1024 LCDs
connected, one to the DVI connector and one to the CRT connector.
When it boots, I get a glimpse of the penguin logo for a moment, and
then the screen goes blank and stays blank. If I start the Radeon
XFree86 server then both screens come back to life and work fine.

I get the following in my boot log:

Linux version 2.6.2-rc2 (root@gold) (gcc version 2.95.4 20011002 (Debian prerelease)) #1 Mon Jan 26 11:41:46 PST 2004

[...]

radeonfb_pci_register BEGIN
radeonfb: ref_clk=2700, ref_div=12, xclk=27500 from BIOS
radeonfb: probed DDR SGRAM 65536k videoram
radeon_get_moninfo: bios 4 scratch = a00000a
radeonfb: panel ID string: ªhé£
radeonfb: detected DFP panel size from BIOS: 1x0
radeonfb: detected DFP panel size from registers: 1280x1024
radeonfb: ATI Radeon 9000 If DDR SGRAM 64 MB
radeonfb: DVI port DFP monitor connected
radeonfb: CRT port CRT monitor connected
radeonfb_pci_register END

[...]

hStart = 680, hEnd = 960, hTotal = 1056
vStart = 482, vEnd = 501, vTotal = 522
h_total_disp = 0x4f0083 hsync_strt_wid = 0xa302a2
v_total_disp = 0x1df0209 vsync_strt_wid = 0x9301e1
post div = 0x8
fb_div = 0x59
ppll_div_3 = 0x30059
ron = 828, roff = 19684
vclk_freq = 2503, per = 703
Console: switching to colour frame buffer device 80x30

I've seen some radeonfb patches floating around, but my impression was
that 2.6.2-rc2 should work. If anyone has something for me to try,
I'd be happy to give it a spin. Otherwise I guess I'll try to figure
out what that debugging output is telling me.

Thanks,
Roland