Re: NVidia and 2.6.1

From: Christian Unger
Date: Mon Jan 26 2004 - 20:40:53 EST

On Tuesday 27 January 2004 10:04, you wrote:
> Did you changed anything on your bios ??

No actually.

Dropped in the Slackware 9.1 CDs (official ones, last ones were of the net),
typed reboot,
typed setup,
formated the disk (mountpoints, swap etc)
told it to install everything,
hit ctrl+alt+delete,
extracted the kernel sources,
told it to use my previous (backed up) config file,
compiled and installed everything,
typed reboot,
made the nvidia drivers of the pre-patched stuff.

In there was some minor arguments with XFree86's config regarding my mouse.
but the drivers worked straight up this time.

--
with kind regards,
Christian Unger

Alt. Email: chakkerz_dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx