Re: Total kernel freeze under 2.6.1

From: Christian Unger
Date: Mon Jan 26 2004 - 20:33:08 EST

Forewarning ... i ain't "qualified" ... heck i couldn't get my gfx card to
work on 2.6 until yesterday (and i still don't know why that was).

ANYWAY

i got the same symptoms, and the reason it was doing it on my system was that
in the config i was using in several places it referenced the wrong chipset.
via instead of nforce2 type thing.

>From memory it did this all over the place with regards to sound, hdd and
memory.
Check
Device Drivers - ATA/ATAPI/MFM/RLL
Character Devices - AGP Support
- i2c Support
Sound

etc ...

I'm sorry if this is completely useless. But it was what was at fault here.
PS there could be others that i can't remember ... just check for the right
chipset.

--
with kind regards,
Christian Unger