Re: [patch] Re: Kernels > 2.6.1-mm3 do not boot. - SOLVED

From: Adrian Bunk
Date: Sun Jan 25 2004 - 22:49:56 EST

On Sun, Jan 25, 2004 at 02:59:48PM -0800, Andrew Morton wrote:
> Andi Kleen <ak@xxxxxx> wrote:

> > > What do you believe is wrong with it?
> >
> > It's different and it is weird and probably easy to screw up.
> >

> I must say that it does seem to be causing quite a few problems and doesn't
> have a very good benefit:breakage ratio. Maybe we should say that 2.6 has
> sucky CPU selection and leave it for 2.7.

The cpu selection patch is perhaps a bit prominent and therefore the
first suspect in case of problems. After looking at yesterday's problems
(including looking through the .config's) I'd claim that my cpu
selection changes are definitely not guilty. Besides that it broke
"allnoconfig" I haven't yet seen it having big problems caused.

Your impression might be different, and you are the one who makes the
decisions.

cu
Adrian

"Only a promise," Lao Er said.